My Mother Said I Never Should

The Dukes, Thursday 4th February - Saturday 27th February 2010

By Charlotte Keatley
Directed by Amy Leach
Designed by Hayley Grindle

Box Office: 01524 598500

Friday 18 December 2009

My Mother Said I Never Should

My mother said and still says many things. A few choice ones that probably give a slightly one sided picture but they are the things my sister and i still quote -

"Never clean too much, you will only find more dirt"

"Never eat too much before going out drinking, you won't be able to fit the pints in"

"Stride out and never look like you don't know where you are going"
(she was and still is a big advocate of women reclaiming the streets, as am I).

There were plenty more, but these three give an image of the upbringing I choose to remember.

Esther, Producer

No comments:

Post a Comment